For this Assignment, select one of the topics listed below, research the topic using primary sources, and be sure to respond to the questions. The paper should be 4–5 pages long (body) and should specifically address all parts of the question.
Along with the text, use a minimum of five scholarly journals, books, articles, or other academic sources. You will find many journal articles pertaining to your topic of choice.
The research paper should:
- Follow Assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
- Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
- Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
- Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free. If needed, be sure to use the Writing Center for help.
Your Assignment should include:
- Title Page.
- Body of the paper (4–5 pages).
- Reference Page.
Select one of the following for the focus of your paper:
- Explain how eating disorders develop in adolescent females.
- What risk factors are common amongst those who develop eating disorders?
- Using one of the developmental theories that you have studied, explain how the adolescent’s self-identity is affected by having an eating disorder.
- Propose interventions that could be used to reduce the risk of developing an eating disorder with an adolescent who is still experimenting with food reduction.