What are the Key factors that ensure reliable and consistent data and functioning networking systems?
1. Research how to design a Local Area Network (LAN). (Hint: Look for network design checklists.)
Include diagrams for LANs in your research, reviewing at least five.
Create a diagram of the LAN or Wide Area Network (WAN) that identifies the following:
- Hardware components
- Environment or context (Who is using the LAN and for what.)
- Network protocols used
- Network processing methods
- Key factors that ensure reliable and consistent data and functioning networking systems
Note: Create diagrams with Microsoft® Visio®, Microsoft® PowerPoint®, or another software application approved by your Instructor. Use call outs as needed to identify items and provide explanations.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
2. Your Mobile Ordering Project team assigned you to write the Mobile Ordering Project POS Requirements Document.
Include the following elements in your documentation:
- Identification of the core components of the HB Company’s current POS system and the additional hardware, software, and networking elements the addition of mobile ordering would require
- Description of the data and information that passes through and is captured by the current POS and additional information and data the new mobile ordering process would provide
- Description of the new types of knowledge the HB Company will be able to obtain through the addition of mobile ordering
- Identification of the concerns regarding data and network services that could result from adding mobile ordering and potential solutions