What are the benefits measuring the health status of individuals aged fifteen to sixty four years in a particular community or an entire population? What effect do these benefits have on the health status of the community or the entire population?
Health Care and Its Related Issues
There are several ways to measure the health status of a community or an entire population. In order to understand the implications of legal and regulatory policies in health care promotion and wellness, it is mandatory to analyze the impact of the social needs of local populations on their health care issues.
Based on your understanding of the topic, create a report in a Microsoft Word document answering the following questions:
- What are the benefits measuring the health status of individuals aged fifteen to sixty four years in a particular community or an entire population? What effect do these benefits have on the health status of the community or the entire population?
- Which one health statistic has had the most significant impact on the health care profession in the entire US or your community in the last year? Discuss.
- Identify one major local social issue currently being addressed by the local elected officials (major, governor, or town council).
- What ramifications does this issue have on the local population?
- Does this issue have any legal impact on the community? Why or why not?
For a successful health status of a community, school health is critical to our future. How can we incorporate a program within the school focusing on the safety and well-being of students along with the social needs and health care issues?
- If you are asked to develop a school health policy for an elementary school, who would be the stakeholders in this process?
- What types of resources will you need to develop a program?
- How will the focus of the program target health promotion or wellness?
- What considerations should be taken into consideration when developing the program, such as the physical and social environment?
- What factors are taken into consideration when developing a program targeting elementary school age children versus adult?
- What anticipated or perceived objections would you expect?
- As we continue to move in the twenty first century, what elementary school health or safety issues are emerging?