Is the content of SNOMED CT sufficient to represent all the information in a person’s health record?
Chapter 5 Application Exercise 2
- Locate the website for Delta Dental
- Search the website for information on the most recent CDT code changes
- Document your findings, including a summary of the changes, along with a description of a new, revised, and deleted code
Chapter 6 Application Exercises 1 and 2
- Using MEDLINE (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.), find an article that addresses the content coverage of SNOMED CT.
- Write a paragraph or two in response to the question: Is the content of SNOMED CT sufficient to represent all the information in a person’s health record?
- Survey healthcare organizations in your area.
- Answer the following questions: Do they have electronic health record systems, or are they in EHR development and implementation? Is SNOMED CT included in their existing EHR or EHR plans? Why or why not?
- You have the choice to write a two-page paper, double spaced, or create a multimedia presentation to respond to the exercises
- Clearly label your response to each exercise in your submission.