If a National or State Park – what is the important historical, cultural or environmental considerations for the park?
To include the following: (200 Points)
- Bibliography of more than 5 different sources
Discuss any of the following topics, you do not need to discuss all of them
- Why is this park or site significant?
- If UNESCO what were the factors that got it nominated?
- If a National or State Park – what is the important historical, cultural or environmental considerations for the park
- The impact of tourism on the economy both on a local level and a national level
- The impact of tourism on the local culture
- The impact of tourism on the environment and local wildlife
- How is the location dealing with the environmental impact of tourism?
- What plans do they currently have in place to combat any ecological damage being done?
- What programs do they have to educate the local population and the visiting tourists?
- Do they have any sustainability issues?
- What is the park or site doing to give back to the community
- Who supports them? Both monetarily and otherwise.
- What plans do they have for the future of the area?
- Form an unbiased opinion
Points to remember
- If you quote a source, you must give credit. – forget to give credit 25 points off for each
- Using a number that refers back to your numbered bibliographic list will be fine.
- Do not bullet point the paper, use paragraphs. You will lose points
- Do not use heading for each paragraph. You will lose points
- You can include up to 1 page worth of pictures in your paper
- Do not count the cover page nor the bibliography paper as part of your ten (10) pages
- You should use APA format as a writing style for the paper.
- Use Spell check – Spelling counts. Points off for bad spelling
- Good grammar counts
- Read over your paper, if something you wrote does not make sense to you it will not make sense to me – points off
- If you come to a conclusion, it must be reflected in your writing, do not make blanket statements without a sound backup – bad logic – points off