How do existing Joint Commission guidelines impact facilities that are not accredited by the Commission?
For this, your Final project, you will prepare a report about the role of the Joint Commission (JC).
To begin, please visit the Joint Commission website:
Source: The Joint Commission: The Joint Commission. Retrieved from http://www.jointcommission.org/
Additional research will be necessary. Please visit the Library for your research.
- Write an essay discussing the following:
- The role of the Joint Commission in accrediting medical facilities
- Which facilities can be accredited?
- What are the goals of the Commission?
- How do existing Joint Commission guidelines impact facilities that are not accredited by the Commission?
- What does it mean to a facility to be accredited by the Joint Commission?
- Is it mandatory for organizations to be accredited by the Joint Commission? If not, what impact does not having such accreditation mean in terms of reimbursement?
- Create a memorandum where:
- You are the administrator of the health information department for a medium-sized facility. You have just been informed by the compliance officer that the Joint Commission will be visiting your facility and will be focusing on your department.
- Begin the memorandum by including information you believe will be important for your personnel to know to prepare for the visit.
- Then, anticipate possible questions that the Commission might have for you in terms of compliance.
- How will you and your department respond to these questions? How will you manage any negative findings during the visit?
- Finally, discuss how current noncompliance findings can be avoided in the future in this memorandum.