Explain why investors may be attracted to high-risk investments such as exchange-traded derivatives, global funds, and other complex investment vehicles.
For this assignment, use the Internet to research high-risk investment brokerage firms that have been indicted or convicted of ethical violations to provide insight and understanding of this market segment.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Explain why investors may be attracted to high-risk investments such as exchange-traded derivatives, global funds, and other complex investment vehicles.
- Analyze the risk associated with exchange-traded derivatives, such as futures and options, and what brokers might do to minimize the risk to investors.
- Discuss the challenges related to regulating a complex global financial firm and make suggestions for regulatory improvements.
- Analyze the ethical violations of the company you researched.
- Discuss the consequences that you believe to be appropriate for the senior management of the firm you researched and the implications for brokers trading in high-risk investments.
- Create a scenario where you believe the use of high-risk investments would be beneficial for the investor. Provide support for your rationale.
- Use four (4) external resources to support your work. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.