Explain how the technology works. How does it use either EM waves, chemical reactions or nanotechnology? Explain as much as you can in your own language and be sure to cite your sources
In this course, we have been discussing a variety of different aspects of the Physical Sciences. Many of these have led to fascinating and valuable technologies that we depend on every day.
Research a specific technology that is important in your field of expertise and relates to one of the following topics we have covered in the course:
- Electromagnetic Waves: a technology that uses visible light or electromagnetic waves that are NOT in the visible spectrum. It could be a technology or device that helps us see things we can’t see with our eyes alone, or something that helps us collect information from the environment using electromagnetic radiation.(Examples: special vision goggles, microscopes, x-ray scanners…)
- Chemical Reactions: a technology that allows us to analyze samples collected for biological or chemical information. (Examples: blood detection, DNA testing, chromatography…)
- Nano Technology: a technology that relies on production of nano-scale particles to get specific physical properties (Examples: protective coatings, bullet-proof vests, materials for finger-print detection…)
In this 3-5 page paper you will research and explain one specific technology that applies to your field or everyday life. To fulfill the assignment requirements you must do all of the following:
1. Select a very specific technology to research. You may want to do some preliminary research to get ideas.
2. Research information about this technology. Use at least 2 sources for this section.
4. Explain how the technology works. How does it use either EM waves, chemical reactions or nanotechnology? Explain as much as you can in your own language and be sure to cite your sources
5. Explain how this technology is applied (or may be applied) in your field. Who uses it? Use at least 1-2 sources for this section
6. What do you think the advantages of using this technology may be? How does it help people in your field? Are there any possible disadvantages to using this technology? Are there cost issues? Legal issues? Discuss
7. DO NOT CUT AND PASTE ANY MATERIAL FROM YOUR SOURCES. YOU need to write this paper. Any cut and paste sections will be identified by SafeAssign and will be reported as plagiarism. You will get a zero and there may be other consequences at well. So JUST DON’T. I would rather see grammatical errors that somebody else’s words. Please use your own words.
Your report must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.