Select one of the ethical scenarios listed below.
- A company uses patient DNA for research without the patient’s knowledge or consent
Discuss the scenario as a team and identify similar and opposing ethical opinions.
Identify articles that discuss the ethics of the chosen scenario.
Prepare a 2 -slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes that discusses the ethical implications of the chosen scenario.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Explain the ethical implications of health care research.
- Summarize how ethics can lead to biases that influence health care research.
Cite 1 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your presentation.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines. Include a title slide, detailed speaker notes, and a references slide.
Include this into the slide
1) Human experimentation:
a) Belmont Report (1979)
(1) Written by the National Commission for the Protection of Human Services of Biomedical and Behavioral Research
(2) In 1981, the Belmont Report was updated to Title 45, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 46, Protection of Human Subjects
(3) Details fundamental ethical principles for using human subjects:
(a) Respect for persons