Describe the stages of the counseling process applying each stage to what you might encounter in counseling Maria.
Directions: Consider the case of Maria as presented to you in the module two and three introduction. According to Kottler and Shepartd (2015) working to understand and integrate the various theories about change and human nature can be a difficult and challenging task. For this assignment, write a 800-1200 word paper in which you:
- Describe the stages of the counseling process applying each stage to what you might encounter in counseling Maria.
- Identify the specific counseling skills you will need at each stage
- Choose a counseling theory that would be most appropriately applied to this case and justify your choice.
You will need to use and cite three sources (including the textbook) in your paper.
This paper must:
- have a thesis statement (statement of purpose/intent), must indicate the topics to be covered
- use ONLY professional, objective language. Use objective, formal, not conversational tone/style
- use APA style
- use direct quotes sparingly – work on paraphrasing and appropriate citations for the paraphrased information
Before you submit your assignment to Blackboard, submit it to Turnitin.com using the link below. After you have reviewed your Originality Report and used it to reduce your Similarity Index appropriately (you can submit your assignment to Turnitin.com multiple times), submit BOTH your assignment and the Originality Report to Blackboard.
Submission: To submit your file, choose the link titled, Assignment 4: Integrating Theory and Counseling, above. Use the “Browse My Computer” button in the Attach File area to attach your document. Be sure to complete your submission by choosing the “Submit” button at the bottom of the screen.
Grading: This assignment is worth 50 points toward your final grade and will be graded using the Assignment Rubric A. Please use it as a guide toward successful completion of this assignment.