Essay Questions: Write an essay of five to seven paragraphs about one of the following topics. Incorporate material from both class texts, and from the lectures. Include six citations from the Divine textbook.
The context of this test is the twentieth century, starting with the World War I and ending with the present.
1. Compare and contrast the experiences of two or more groups during our period: women, African-Americans, labor, the military, Asians, and Mexican-Americans.
2. What were the most important events of World
War I and or World War II?
3. Write about the Vietnam War.
4. Describe the most important developments in American foreign policy during the twentieth century.
5. Describe the administration of Franklin Roosevelt.
6. Select five presidents and write about their administrations.
7. Write about the technological changes that affected Americans during the twentieth century.
8. Discuss the history of mass media in during our period.