Describe how you apply the security triad (confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility) components in some area of your work life or personal life.
Write a 3- to 5-page paper answering the following questions.
Part I – Go online and find a case study about the implementation of an ERP or SCM system, or cloud migration project. Was it successful? How long did it take? What were the issues? Does the case study tell you how much money the organization spent?
Part II – Describe how you apply the security triad (confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility) components in some area of your work life or personal life. For example, if you work at a bank, you might consider how you maintain confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility for one kind of data.
Your paper should be short (3-5 pages, not including cover sheet and references) and to the point. It is to be structured as a point/counterpoint argument, in the following manner: Take a definite stand on the issues and develop your supporting argument carefully. Using material from the Background information and any other sources you can find to support specific points in your argument is highly recommended; try to avoid making assertions for which you can find no support other than your own opinion.
You will be particularly assessed on:
- Precision: You see what the module is all about and structure your paper accordingly. You draw on a range of sources and establish your understanding of the historical context of the question. You carry out the exercise as assigned or carefully explain the limitations that prevented your completing some parts. (Running out of time isn’t generally considered an adequate limitation).
- Support for assertions: You use examples, citations (especially from the required readings), and elaboration to support assertions. You provide evidence that you have read the required background materials.
- Clarity: Your answers are clear and show your good understanding of the topic. You see what the module is all about and structure your paper accordingly.
- Critical thinking: The paper incorporates your reactions, examples, and applications of the material to business and illustrates your reflective judgment and good understanding of the concepts. It is important to read the “Required Reading” in the Background material plus other sources you find relevant.
- Breadth and depth: You provide informed commentary and analysis—simply repeating what your sources say does not constitute an adequate paper. The scope covered in your paper is directly related to the questions of the assignment and the learning outcomes of the module.
- Overall quality: You apply the professional language and terminology of systems design and analysis correctly and in context; you are familiar with this language and use it appropriately. Your paper is well written and the references, where needed, are properly cited and listed (refer to the APA Purdue Online Writing Lab at https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ ) if you are uncertain about formats or other issues.