Compare and contrast functionalist theory and conflict theory in their approaches to understanding race-related issues in the United States.
Provide one reference for each answer and answer each in 100 words or more
1. Compare and contrast functionalist theory and conflict theory in their approaches to understanding race-related issues in the United States.
2. Explain how institutionalized racism differs from interpersonal racism (racism occurring between two individuals who are of equal power) and how it operates despite being illegal.
3. Describe the difference between racial stigma and racial stereotyping. Provide an example of each. How do these practices contribute to racial tension in our society? Explain.
4. Identify your position on affirmative action explaining through your personal alignment with a theoretical perspective. Provide an example of where you see this occurring. Where and how is affirmative action demonstrated in your work setting, school setting, and community?
750-1,000-word analysis on social stratification regarding race
Choose a social institution to describe and analyze the effect that the stratification elements of race have on that social institution. Include the following in your analysis:
- Explain how race impacts the social institution.
- Identify a form of race inequality associated with the social institution and use theoretical perspectives to explain the social behaviors that perpetuate the inequality.
- Suggest measures for the social institution to implement to help alleviate the racial inequality you identified.
Provide a minimum of three to five scholarly sources to support your analysis and conclusion. Additionally, you will need to include statistical data of the expression of stratification regarding Race within the social institution.