Analyze the interpersonal processes and structural characteristics that influence team effectiveness.
- Evaluate the roles and behaviors of teams in organizational settings.
- Examine variables, conditions, and concepts that influence team performance and productivity.
- Evaluate methods and systems for rewarding and compensating teams.
- Analyze the interpersonal processes and structural characteristics that influence team effectiveness.
- Examine team-member communication, collaboration, and strategies for developing team intelligence.
- Analyze leadership roles, techniques, and challenges in leading teams.
As a leader, you have been tasked with building a team whose purpose is to recommend a new performance evaluation system. The current system is outdated and greatly reduces employee morale each year. As the leader, your task is to build the team, from recruitment of team members to rewarding teams.
As the leader of this problem-solving team, you are tasked with recruiting employees to be a part of this six-person team to recommend a new performance evaluation system. You know part of the process includes building the team and leading them through all the stages of team development; you need to be aware of the roles and behaviors that occur. In addition, consider performance and productivity for the team, rewarding and compensating teams, and communication between the team members. Further, consider your role as the leader and the challenges you may face. The company has asked you to create a slide presentation of your team’s recommendation, including a voice recording. Remember your audience when giving your presentation. You can use any Webware/software of your choosing for the voice recording, and include the following slides:
- Title slide
- Explain the roles and behaviors of the team
- Provide best practices for influencing the team for performance and productivity
- Describe the appropriate reward and compensation for your team
- Explain interpersonal processes to influence the effectiveness of your team
- Provide examples of effective team-member communication
- Describe the most appropriate collaboration and strategy to develop team intelligence
- Provide challenges you may face as a leader
- Conclusion slide that includes the main points of this team process
- Any additional, relevant information