Analyze how personal and professional ethics guided decisions made in the growth of Netflix, in terms of business format, scope, and approach.
· The purpose of this project is to provide an opportunity for you to evaluate the performance of an entrepreneurial organization over a period of 10 years.
You will focus on Netflix, Inc. (NFLX), conduct a 8–10 page critical analysis, and complete a real-world deliverable that will be transferable to other applications. You will research the historical situation and the current status of the organization, and apply the historical data to its future. Include the following in your case study analysis:
· Describe the factors that contributed to the company’s success. Be sure to address the importance of planning.
· Analyze the nature of Netflix’s competitive environment.
· Discuss Netflix’s goals and objectives in terms of whether or not they are appropriate, reasonable, and achievable; and explain.
· Analyze the operating environment for the entrepreneurial venture.
· Explore the potential problems in Netflix’s rapid growth.
· Analyze how personal and professional ethics guided decisions made in the growth of Netflix, in terms of business format, scope, and approach.
· Discuss what you learned that was surprising, interesting, or remarkable.
· Describe what you would have done differently, had you been part of Netflix’s senior executive leadership.
· Identify at least two lessons learned from your analysis of Netflix that could also be applied in a small entrepreneurial start-up organization.
· Support your opinions with references from the literature on successful entrepreneurship.
· Project Objectives
To successfully complete this project, you will be expected to:
1. Analyze whether or not the goals and objectives of the entrepreneurial venture are appropriate, reasonable, and achievable, and explain.
2. Describe the importance for the entrepreneurial venture to differentiate itself from its competitors.
3. Evaluate how personal and professional ethics influenced decisions for the business format, scope, and approach.
4. Analyze the operating environment of the entrepreneurial venture.
5. Summarize the importance of planning for the entrepreneurial venture.
6. Assess the potential problems of rapid growth.
7. Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.